OBJECTIVES OF THE ASEANSAI
The objectives of the ASEANSAI would be the following :
- To build capacity and promote cooperation and understanding among the Members of ASEANSAI through the exchange and sharing of knowledge and experiences in the field of public sector auditing so as to strengthen the audit institutions;
- To provide a conducive environment and facilities to promote research, training, and continuous eduction among the Members of ASEANSAI through the sharing of best practices and exchange of lessons learned; and
- To serve as a centre of information and as an ASEANSAI link with other international organizations and institutions in the field of public sector auditing.
The functions of ASEANSAI shall include the following :
- To create and maintain a data bank of best practices, standards, and methodologies in the field of public sector auditing.
- To organize seminars, workshops, studies, or other activities related to the exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of public sector auditing; and
- To undertake other activities that will promote good governance and cooperation among Members of ASEANSAIs.